Taka sobie mała nowinka.

http://komputery.wp.pl/kat,12773,wid,83592...45&ticaid=11d37

Hmm jeżeli to nie jest fake to... sam nie wiem. Witki mi opadły, przytaczając tu pewien kabaret

[Dodano po chwili]

To ja już nie mam pytań...

"Researchers from IBM and the Georgia Institute of Technology have demonstrated the first silicon-based chip capable of operating at frequencies above 500 GHz -- 500 billion cycles per second. That’s about 250 times faster than today’s cell phone processors and about 100 times faster than PCs. There is one catch – the chip was cryogenically “frozen” to 451 degrees below zero Fahrenheit (4.5 Kelvin). Such extreme cold is found naturally only in outer space, but can be achieved on Earth using ultra-cold materials such as liquid helium. (If you’re counting, Absolute Zero, the lowest possible temperature in nature, occurs at minus 459.67 degrees Fahrenheit).

“This work redefines the upper bounds of what is possible using silicon-germanium nanotechnology techniques,” said John D. Cressler, Byers Professor in Georgia Tech’s School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and a researcher in the Georgia Electronic Design Center (GEDC) at Georgia Tech.

The chip experiments are helping to explore the ultimate speed limits of silicon-germanium (SiGe) devices, which operate faster at very cold temperatures. The chips used in the research operated at approximately 350 GHz at room temperature. However, computer simulations suggest that the silicon-germanium (SiGe) technology used in the chip could ultimately support even higher (near 1,000 GHz) operational frequencies even at room temperature."

To ja poprosze takie dwa i cysternę helu .
Odpowiedz
Jest napisane, że w temp pokojowej...
Ale nieźle. 1THz? Ja też tak chcę A do tego coś koło 512GB RAMu ;p
Odpowiedz
Wooow. Najlepsze jest to: "Warto też dodać, że w temperaturze pokojowej z nowego chipa można wycisnąć zaledwie... 350 GHz." .

Ciekawe, jakby dotchnąc obudowy tego całego sprzętu przy tej optymalnej temperaturze .

I nadejdzie wkrótce ten dzień...

RTS
Odpowiedz
Ja to raczej bym chciał wiedzieć kiedy to będzie w zasięgu marzeń przeciętnego szaraka. Bo to może być technologia prototypowa rodem z jakiegoś NASA czy z Pentagonu i wprowadza ja za 20 lat po odtajnieniu...

BTW. Słoneczko przygrzało i mi procek dochodzi do 75... A ja sie dziwiłem, że mi BSODy ostatnio wyrzuca... Może czas zainwestowac w zintegrowane chłodzenie helem...
Odpowiedz
← Karczma

Taka sobie mała nowinka. - Odpowiedź

Męczą Cię captche? , a problem zniknie. Zajmie to mniej niż rozwiązanie captchy!
Wczytywanie...